How to turn on the Demand Heatmap?
1. Tap on the 'layer' icon found on the lower right part of the home screen
2. Tap on the 'Jobs available' icon to turn on the Demand Heatmap
3. Demand scale will be shown (tap on the outside area to exit the 'layer' menu)
4. Demand heat map layers will now appear on the home screen
1. How do I know if there is a high demand in the area?
Different gradients of RED will be used to represent demand.
Please note that the Demand Heat Map will only be available on the Driver App home screen and cannot be activated if you are in-transit.
2. If I drive towards a red area, will I definitely receive a job?
Red areas on the map are areas of high absolute demand. However, the demand for that area may decrease as you drive towards it. Should this happen, the area will get less red over time.
3. How often does the Demand Heatmap refresh?
The Heatmap refreshes every 5 minutes.
4. Will I be able to zoom using the new Demand Heatmap?
Yes, you will be able to zoom in to street-level.
- Max zoom - city level
- Minimum zoom - street level
5. Why am I seeing a different Heatmap from another Grab Driver?
This could be because you and the other Driver have different service types enabled. The Heatmap will change depending on the service types enabled. If two Drivers from the same city have the same service types enabled, they will see the same Heatmap.
6. Why is my App suggesting that I change my service type?
If there is a low demand for your current service type, this suggestion may show up on your App. Turn on your other service types to see the other demands in an area.