There are two ways for you to contact your passenger via the app. You can contact them by Call or GrabChat.
You can use the GrabChat messaging platform that will help both you and your passenger to communicate instantly. You can also add and edit template messages to your passenger!
1. Tap on the CHAT button before you pick-up your passenger.
2. Choose from a list of template messages or you can Send custom messages
- Tap on the top right and choose Template Messages and start creating your own template message.
Call the passenger
You can now call your passenger using your mobile data/Wi-Fi connection. This feature will only work while you are paired with the passenger and will not work after the trip has been completed.
1. Tap on Call button to use your mobile data/Wi-Fi for internet calls.
2. Tap the End Call button if you want to cancel or end the call.
- Both the driver and passenger's mobile number will be hidden for privacy purposes.
- You can still call the passenger even without internet connection (regular phone call charges will apply).
- If there are network problems, there will be an option for you to call the passenger via regular phone call.
- In the app, the call button will show as Free Call because unlike regular phone calls, your regular load won't be deducted.
- Make sure to update your Grab driver app to see this feature.
- Currently, this is not yet available to all drivers but it will soon be available to all. Learn more here.