With the Share My Location button, you can now update your loved ones of your current location.
Important Reminder: This feature is on BETA or PILOT MODE. Please wait until the end of February if this hasn't showed up in your app. Make sure to always update your Driver app to see this feature.
1. Please make sure that you are online and available for jobs. Tap Share My Location button.
2. Tap on Share My Location, then choose Send Link. Select which app you've chosen to send your live location and select the recipient.
- You can also choose to SMS Emergency Contacts. Learn "How to add Emergency Contacts".
3. Your recipient will receive the link of your live location.
4. To stop sharing your location, tap on the and select Stop Sharing Location. Alternatively, toggle the Available switch to offline.
What happens if I press the button outside of a ride?
You can use this feature even when you are not on a job.
However, when you are offline and unavailable for jobs, you can only choose to notify the authorities.
Are the SMS alerts sent from my mobile number?
No, your mobile number will not be used. All SMSes will be sent by Grab on your behalf, and Grab will bear the cost of the SMSes.
What language will the SMS alerts sent by Grab be in?
The SMS alerts will be sent in English.
If I trigger an SMS alert, how can I be sure that my emergency contact has received it?
If triggered, there will be a checkmark indicating that the SMS has been sent. However, this does not indicate that the SMS has been read.