In any emergency situation such as accident, your first concern should be the safety of yourself and the passengers.
The procedure to accident situation is as follows:
- Stop the vehicle.
- Set emergency triangles to maximize visibility and warning.
- Call MERS 999. You must do this if any contact is made with a fixed object, an animal, a person or another vehicle.
- During the call:
- Compose yourself, speak clearly and slowly.
- Give your exact location
- Nature of the problem
- Type of injuries (if any)
- Suspect description and direction of travel (if applicable)
- State if there is a need for ambulance or BOMBA (Fire and Rescue Department of Malaysia)
- Do not move the vehicle unless necessary for safety reasons or by police order.
- If passengers are at risk, evacuate the vehicle and move them to a safe area.
- Provide first aid to the injured within your ability.
- Gather as much information/evidence as possible, e.g., particulars of involved parties, pictures of damaged and surrounding areas.
All accidents must be reported to Grab within 24 hours, no matter how minor through the form, or call us using the button below.
In the unfortunate event that you get into an emergency situation other than accident, here is the guidelines to remember.